[Ecls-list] Re: License of ECL

Brian Algeri bdasp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 10:08:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am thinking that most of my projects will be for personal use
or released as freeware, so this type of licence I think will cover
my use.

Can I release it as freeware or does it have to be under
the LGPL?

My understanding of the LGPL licenses seems to be the same as
yours, that on propietary projects only the source of modifications
to ECL need to be redistibuted.

My question would be - Do the propietary object files also need to
be included with the release?

snip of LGPL licenses:
If you link other code with the library, you must provide complete
object files to the recipients, so that they can relink them with the
library after making changes to the library and recompiling it.

Thanks,
Brian Algeri