[Ecls-list] About the need for ldconfig/ld.so.conf

worm worm at arrakis.es
Fri Oct 31 13:02:02 UTC 2003

Remitente: Robert Lehr <bozzio at the-lehrs.com>
Fecha: Viernes, Octubre 31, 2003 5:59 pm
Asunto: Re: [Ecls-list] About the need for ldconfig/ld.so.conf

> > Just do the following experiment (replace
> > /home/juanjo/bin/ecl with your executable file):
> > 	$ ldd /home/juanjo/bin/ecl
> >         libecl.so =>     /home/juanjo/lib/ecl//libecl.so
> >         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
> >         libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
> >         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> >         /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine/lib/libc_psr.so.1
>
> That is true for /usr/bin/ecl.  But not for my application that is
> linked to libecl.so
>    bozzio$ ldd <my-binary-program-built-using-usr-bin-ecl-config>
>            libecl.so => not found [...]

The new ecl-config solves this problem. As for your question one message
before, I normally keep no branches in the CVS repository of
SourceForge. All changes are therefore retrieved with normal, untagged
CVS operations (typically with one day delay for anonymous CVS), or via
patches against the latest release (available instantaneously on the
homepage as "Experimental patches").