[Ecls-list] ECL not building

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Thu Nov 27 01:15:03 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 16:20, Julian St. wrote:
> since my last update to CVS a lot seems to have happened with the build
> process. I am also unable to complete the build process, as doing a
> 'gmake' after ./configure tries to install the garbage collector into
> /usr/local and that is a no-no...

During configuration process, I forgot to tell both the Boehm-Weiser garbage
collector and GMP, where to put documentation files. Now I have fixed the
file src/configure.in, so that both GMP and the BW-GC are configured with
--prefix=ecl/build, and they do not try to install things where they
shouldn't.

Thanks for pointing out this. On most machines I work with, I can only build
ECL on my home directory, and it is difficult to detect such a bug.

That issue should be solved. As a side note, I now use the script
"mkinstalldirs" that comes with BW-GC and GMP to build the destination
directories when ECL is installed. This should solve some problems that
people had when we used GNU install to build the directories.

Regards