[Ecls-list] stepper problem

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Tue Nov 25 01:53:05 UTC 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 20:05, Robert Lehr wrote:
> When I invoke the stepper, I get this error.
>     > :step (myFunc "asdf")
> I attempted other invocations that yielded similar results.  Again-
> what am I doing wrong here?

A stepper has not yet been implemented. It requires minor tweaks both in the
bytecodes compiler and in the interpreter. I know how to do it (basically,
all one has to do is insert marks in the bytecodes before each form, and
recompile forms as they are being stepped into), but I still must find out a
correct and efficient way that does not damage the performance of ECL.

Anyway, expect it in coming weeks. In the mean time, all I can offer is a
patch for TRACE, which solves a problem with the new bytecodes format, and
makes UNTRACE now work.

Regards,