[Ecls-list] Any support for a default load path list?

Dave Pearson davep at davep.org
Mon Jun 30 10:26:08 UTC 2003

* Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es> [2003-06-30 17:56:53 +0200]:

> On Monday 30 June 2003 17:35, Dave Pearson wrote:
>
> > Thank-you, I'll keep this in mind. However, as you might have realised,
> > I was just as interested in if ECL supports any kind of load-path
> > mechanism along the lines of other CL implementations. In fact, given
> > that ECL is, in part, designed to provide an embedable CL solution I'd
> > have thought that such a built-in mechanism might be a welcome addition.
>
> It is indeed! Do not misunderstand my previous e-mail. I just wanted to
> know whether that type of search-and-load suits your needs and is similar
> to what other lisps out there do.

Note that what I wrote above was in response to Marco's points about how
require/provide are deprecated and how I might be better off with defsystem
and the like, it wasn't in response to what you'd written.

>                                   However, I still want to give it a
> thought or two, before deciding for the implementation.

Indeed, there's no rush for this on my part, it was more an idle enquiry
with a faint hope that such a facility might be added should it not exist at
the moment.

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/