[Ecls-list] Any support for a ~/.eclinit.lisp?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Jun 27 00:36:09 UTC 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 12:20, Dave Pearson wrote:
> While I notice in the man page that ecl supports the loading of an
> init.lisp in the current directory I was wondering if there is any
> undocumented support for the loading of a "hidden" init file from a home
> directory as many other CL implementations seem to?
> If not would it be possible to have this?

The ~/.ecl[.lsp] initialization file was uncommented long ago because
apparently it does not work on Solaris 2. Do not ask me why (perhaps the C
library is not able to figure out what the leading "~" means). I will fix
this in CVS. In the mean time, if you do not want to update to CVS, feel free
to fix the file ecl/src/lsp/top.lsp. More precisely, the line

(defvar *lisp-init-file-list* '("./init")
  "List of files automatically loaded when ECL is invoked.")

should read

(defvar *lisp-init-file-list* '("./init" "home:.ecl")
  "List of files automatically loaded when ECL is invoked.")

Regards,