[Ecls-list] ecl-config

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Dec 5 07:12:00 UTC 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 12:29, Frederik Fouvry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering why ecl-config also returns "-g" and "-O2" for CFLAGS
>
> $ ecl-config --cflags
> -g -O2 -Dlinux -fPIC -fstrict-aliasing -I/proj/contrib/lib/ecl/h
> Surely it's not up to the ECL to decide on such flags?

Well, the program is currently not very clever and it simply passes all flags
that were used to build ECL. It is indeed difficult to distinguish which
flags should be in ecl-config, and which should not. Either ECL should know
all the configuration flags from GCC, or one would need to have CFLAGS
and COPTFLAGS, or something like that.