[Ecls-list] SLOT-EXISTS-P failure [And more fixes]

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Mon Apr 28 10:00:12 UTC 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 15:18, Paul F. Dietz wrote:
> Running the gcl ansi-tests on ecl cvs, I get a catastrophic failure (seg
> fault) in the defclass tests.  The problem appears to be with
> SLOT-EXISTS-P, which is returning some weird object:
>  > (defclass foo () ())
>  > (slot-exists-p (make-instance 'foo) 'b)
> #<OBJNULL>

Fixed. Ancient bug -- comes from old EcoLisp.

I see that you have been working on the test suite a lot. Bad news. I had got
a copy of ECL to run with only 70 bugs, and now they become 450 :-)

Anyway, I also submitted fixes for the (SETF fname) issue: now the compiler
and the interpreter should be able to recognize all occurrences of (SETF
fname) function names. Furthermore, I changed the way in which (SETF fname)
definitions are stored: formerly, it used to be an uninterned symbol; now it
is a system property (GET/PUT-SYSPROP).