[Ecls-list] WALKER:VARIABLE-DECLARATION is undefined?

Michael Hannemann hannemann at inetmi.com
Mon Apr 7 14:09:07 UTC 2003

Hullo,

While loading ASDF, Dan Barlow's "Another System Definition Facility", I
got a strange error.  I was able to evaluate the code incrementally until
the error was produced, but I'm not sure what to do about it, since it's
not directly inspired (I think) by my code:

ASDF> (defmethod component-relative-pathname ((component module))
   (or (slot-value component 'relative-pathname)
       (make-pathname
        :directory `(:relative ,(component-name component))
        :host (pathname-host (component-parent-pathname component)))))
The function WALKER:VARIABLE-DECLARATION is undefined.
Top level.
ASDF>>

WALKER is a package defined, and in a clean lisp, I see this:
 > (apropos '#:variable-declaration :walker)
WALKER:VARIABLE-DECLARATION
WALKER:*VARIABLE-DECLARATIONS*  has value: (CLOS::VARIABLE-REBINDING
                                             SPECIAL TYPE)

Should this be something I can fix or worry about?

In your hands,

Michael