[Ecls-list] Patches for defsystem and fixes for ECL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Nov 27 18:04:02 UTC 2002

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es> writes:

> On Monday 18 November 2002 01:12, Edi Weitz wrote:
> > Is defsystem supposed to work with ECL now? This morning I did 'cvs
> > update' for ECL and CLOCC and rebuilt ECL as well as defsystem but I'm
> > still stuck with the same error:
>
> The patches are not yet in CVS. You can safely apply them yourself and give
> them a try (This would be nice, because I have no big defsystem project and
> only tried them in toy programs. About the patches, I think I posted them to
> the mailing list...

OK, sorry for the delay. I needed to find the time to come back to
this again.

I've only seen patches to defsystem (as opposed to patches to ECL)
sent to this mailing list and from the CLOCC ChangeLOG it looks to me
as if Marco Antoniotti has applied all your patches now. So I updated
both my CVS trees for CLOCC and ECL some minutes ago, rebuilt ECL and
then tried to compile defsystem again, but no luck...

I ended up with this:

  [ lots of compiler messages snipped ]
  ;;; Compiling (EVAL-WHEN (COMPILE) ...).
  ;;; Compiling (DEFUN SYSTEM-SOURCE-SIZE ...).
  ;;; Compiling (DEFUN FILE-LIST-SIZE ...).
  ;;; No FASL generated.
  NIL

Hmm, what's that? ECL simply refuses to compile the file without
telling me why...

Cheers,
Edi.