[Ecls-list] Patches for defsystem and fixes for ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Thu Nov 14 11:15:04 UTC 2002

I think this time I made the patches right. There were some issures with the
only IN-PACKAGE form in defsystem.lisp, because it uses non-standard
arguments :nicknames, or something like that. I had also forgoten to add
support for invoking unix shell commands via #'si:system.

The following had to be fixed in ECL

+ FILENAME-NAMESTRING was broken

+ WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT now implemented and does nothing.

+ ENSURE-DIRECTORIES-EXIST now implemented.

+ New logical hostname "HOME:" has the translation

+ Wildcard-directory "**" now works... I hope. At least someting like
"home:dira;dirb;dirc;name.lisp" gets properly translated to
"~/dira/dirb/dirc/name.lisp".

Best regards