[Ecls-list] Trying to compile defsystem

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Tue Nov 12 02:40:03 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 09:49, Edi Weitz wrote:
> I was trying to compile defsystem.lisp from CLOCC with ECL 0.7 but got
> this error message: [invaid call to IN-PACKAGE]

The defsystem file is assuming that ECL uses the Cltl2 IN-PACKAGE macro, which
I think had some extra options. Instead, defsystem should use DEFPACKAGE.

I have ported defsystem.lisp to ECL (Two lines fixed). This served me to find
a bug in the compiler, which I fixed. The fixed bug is in CVS. The
defsystem.lisp package is in the new download area for lisp tools

http://ecls.sf.net/download.html

This area will contain all packages which I or anybody else can port to ECL,
but only as far as their corresponding packages in CLOCC, CCLAN, etc, do not
implement the required patches.

Regards