[Ecls-list] problem with cl_boot()

franco smith 1919 at keromail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:13:09 UTC 2002

yo
everything is now working ok in my C program.
thank you :)
however i'm having a problem with cl_boot() when running it through a perl program
the perl program is embedding the ecls C library, and when i call cl_boot i get a core dump:

#0  0x4022aa25 in bds_unwind (new_bds_top=0x817eff8) at ecls-0.5/src/c/stacks.d:64
64   SYM_VAL(bds->bds_sym) = bds->bds_val;

(gdb) print bds->bds_sym
$1 = 0x0

i then tried to run both the C version and the Perl version putting a watchpoint on bds_top->bds_sym, and whereas the C version works fine, the Perl version give me:

Watchpoint 4: bds_top->bds_sym
Old value = 0x8134ea0
New value = 0x0
GC_build_fl (h=0x817f000, sz=16, clear=0, list=0x0)
at /ecls-0.5/src/gc/new_hblk.c:229

i have really no idea of what is going on there :)
as line 228 of /ecls-0.5/src/gc/new_hblk.c is:

return ((ptr_t)p);

i don't really understand how could that modify the value of bds_top->bds_sym :)

anyway, i don't expect anyone to debug that for me, but if you have any idea of what could be the problem, or maybe any suggestion to figure out what's wrong, that would be really apprecied :)

thanks