[Ecls-list] ecls build under cygwin and shared libraries

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Wed Jan 2 08:22:08 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 19:17, you wrote:
> I have been fiddling with ecl under cygwin and the compilation facility.
> In order to get the compiler working, ecl needs to have the dynamic loading
> facility working (unless you do the static link and exec generation
> approach).
> However, the compile-file function is now broken and trace has not bee
> helpful in helping me understand the issue.  Here's the output.  For some
> reason, I am getting a reference to SI::OLDF which I have not been able to
> find in the .def (for the dll) or in any of the source files.

I have not looked into this yet. As you mention, the current DLL loading
facility in ECL relies on the fact that both Linux/BSD allow unresolved
references and require no *.def file. Your solution --building a huge DLL
with which all other libraries are linked-- is the right approach. However
you will have to advice the program that there is a working dlopen(). You can
do this in src/h/machines.h, in the section between the #ifdef cygwin. This
implies the definition of #+dlopen and many other things and should probably
solve the undefined references you find. Please tell us all whether you
succeed at this, so that I introduce these changes in the CVS tree.

http://www.arrakis.es/~worm