[Ecls-list] Endless loop of compiler errors

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Wed Feb 13 10:28:09 UTC 2002

Sorry for the previous empty message

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 16:29, you wrote:
> (defmacro invoke-alien-type-method (method type &rest args)
> [...]                ,type , at args))))
>
> ...results to an endless loop of the following error message:
>
> ;;; You are recommended to compile again.
> ;;; The form (DEFMACRO INVOKE-ALIEN-TYPE-METHOD (METHOD TYPE &REST
>[...]

There must be an error in the compiler which prevents it from handling errors
that happen during macroexpansion. Both of your messages are related to it,
and I got a few others while fixing definiline. I will look into it, but in
case you dig into it, the bug must be located in the macroexpanders which
happen to be in src/cmp/cmputil.lsp -- there must be some code for error
handling missing.