[Ecls-list] Two more problems

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Dec 6 06:17:03 UTC 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 10:03, Rolf Wester wrote:
> I tried the following example code that I found in "ecldev.html".
> This compiles but at load-time I get a segmentation fault.
> (Clines "  [...] " )
> ;;;  TAK calls the C function tak defined above.
> (defentry tak (int int int) (int tak))

Don't ask me why, but the functions for compiling DEFENTRY have disappeared
from the compiler :-/ I guess that is part of the problem

> The 2. problem is:
>
> (defun get-package-symbols (package &key (describe nil))
>   (let ((pack (find-package package)))
> 	(if (eql nil pack)
> 		(format "No package ~A~%" package)
> 	    (loop for s being each external-symbol of (find-package
> package) do
> 		  (if describe
> 			  (progn (describe s) (terpri) (princ "--------------
> 			  (print s))))))
>
> > (get-package-symbols 'si)
>
> The function #:G119 is undefined.
> Broken at GET-PACKAGE-SYMBOLS.

This is due to the lack of the WITH-PACKAGE-ITERATOR function. Anybody is
welcome to write an implementation of it :-) If nobody contributes one, I
will do it for ECL 0.9. It should not be very difficult. In the mean time,
you could use do-symbols or something like that.