[Ecls-list] Re: EVAL-WHEN gets out of control

worm worm at arrakis.es
Wed Oct 31 23:53:02 UTC 2001

Remitente: Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu>
Fecha: Miércoles, Octubre 31, 2001 5:42 pm

> Speaking of which... I remember hacking a bit of the old EcoLisp in
> order to get FError and friends to accept conditions (which at the
> time I stealed from CMUCL implementation).
> What is the status of the condition system in ECLS?

It has been fully integrated. All error messages are passed through
FEcondition() or FEerror(), and then they jump to the si::universal-
error-handler function, which is implemented in src/clos/conditions.lsp
This file belonged to the original ECoLisp, it is Kent Pitman´s
implementation but it was not integrated in ECoLisp as much as it is
now.

The problem is that the core C library knows little about CLOS and
therefore the conditions.lsp file can only be loaded at the end, after
the lisp library, PCL and the compiler have been loaded.

Regards