[Ecls-list] More changes

Hannu Koivisto azure at iki.fi
Thu Dec 20 10:29:11 UTC 2001

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de> writes:

> - Support for si::mkdir (by Rudy Schlatte)

What is the purpose of this function?  Why isn't standard
ensure-directories-exist enough (ECL doesn't seem to have it, but
that's besides the point)?

I would understand if this function resided in some POSIX package
and provided full POSIX functionality (now mode is hardwired to
0777 and there is no way to get information about a possible error
situation) but as it is now, I can't see any justification for it.
(FWIW, I also strongly oppose that this kind of functions are
written in C and not in Lisp using FFI.)

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail