[Ecls-list] C-embedding buglets

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de
Tue Dec 18 00:17:06 UTC 2001

Rudi Schlatte wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've played a bit with the C interface of ECL.  Some things that I
> stumbled over:
>
> - All the macros work only when prefixed with "ffi:", i.e.
>   (ffi:defcbody ...) instead of (defcbody "...").  Failing to do this
>   yields messages like [...]

The documentation is missing many changes, but the foreign function
interface has its own package that one should "use" -- in the lispy
sense of the word --. This package is devoted to host all keywords
related to embedding C code, C types, etc.

> - I missed an entry for conses and lists in the node "Manipulating
>   Lisp Objects", documenting documenting CONS(..), CAR, CDR,
>   make_list(n, ...).

I take note.

> - There is a neat trick in gcc to embed a block in an expression that
>   is of use in defcbody and friends.  Something like the following
>   could be put in the node "Embedding C code in Lisp source":

Thanks for the text. I did not know about this extension, which is
certainly useful.