[Ecls-list] build-program documentation problems

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 17 10:09:02 UTC 2001

> From: Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de>
> Sender: ecls-list-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:41:36 +0100
>
> Jeff Bowden wrote:
> >
> > Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> >
> > >I must admit that this is a bit obscure, and maybe we can produce a
> > >better looking interface which is easier to use. For instance, there
> > >could be a sort of minimal defsystem with which all these things could
> > >be expressed. ECL indeed uses one during the build process --
> > >src/util/system.lsp -- but it is not very convenient for common use as
> > >it does not provide the possibility of nesting systems or building
> > >programs.
> > >

> > Perhaps I could try to port the mk defsystem (has this been done
> > before?) and then write an extension for building the various ecl targets.
> > This ought to be a good learning experience for me as I am only barely
> > familiar with the defsystem.
>
> You may work on it. However, before including it in ECL we must make
> sure that the license is ok. Also, I think that the mk defsystem does
> not include the concept of "program" or "image" and thus would have to
> be extended to allow building ECL executables. In any case, please let
> us all know your findings.

MK:DEFSYSTEM license is DFSG compliant.  It was one of the
requirements to make it acceptable for inclusion in the CLOCC.

If you extend MK:DEFSYSTEM with some special code, please, maintain
the same license.

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.