[Ecls-list] Bug report (?) and two questions

Dr. Edmund Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Dec 12 00:49:03 UTC 2001

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de> writes:

> I hope you are better by now. The memory allocation problem was due
> to a bug in src/c/alloc_2.d The problem is that, as H. Koivisto
> pointed out, the memory for bignums was not tagged as pointerless
> memory, and thus the Boehm collector got confused when inspecting
> the contents of these bignums.
>
> This is now fixed in CVS. What worries me now is that the
> calculation of factorials is not very fast. I lack a lisp to compare
> with, but could anybody compare CLISP, a new copy of ECL and CMUCL
> on the same platform?

I was just going to run some test cases against CMUCL, CLISP,
LispWorks, and Allegro, but I get the same behaviour ("needed to
allocate blacklisted block...") when calling (FAC 10000) with a new
version of ECLS built from CVS sources which I just checked out after I
read your mail.

Edi.

  (defun fac (n)
    (if (= n 0)