[Ecls-list] Cross compiling

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 11 12:22:27 UTC 2001

Hi,

I've downloaded ECLS and built it for my local Linux host, my eventual
goal is to try and embed it in a MIPS R3000 target.  The OS there is
RTEMS, an open source RTOS.  To do so, I'll have to cross-compile
ECLS, linking it in to the main application.  There is a filesystem
and most of the usual POSIX features are there, but the target isn't
big enough to host a shell environment much less autoconf & compiler.

I was wondering if anyone on the list might have hints or ideas of how
feasible converting the ECLS make system into a single target cross
compilation scheme.  I have the cross-compiled C/C++ compiler w/
binutils working, and Newlib for the C/C++ library.

Thanks,

Greg Menke