[drakma-devel] Failure to load under SBCL on MS Windows 7 (64-bit)

Duncan Bayne dhgbayne at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 04:41:37 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm using Drakma via Quicklisp on SBCL.  This works fine under Ubuntu
10.10, but when I attempt to quickload Drakma on MS Windows Ultimate
64-bit, I get 'Error opening shared object "libssl32.dll"'.

Here's a REPL session that demonstrates the problem:

=====
* (load (merge-pathnames "quicklisp/setup.lisp" (user-homedir-pathname)))

* (ql:quickload '("drakma"))
To load "drakma":
  Load 1 ASDF system:
    drakma
debugger invoked on a CFFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR:
  Unable to load foreign library (LIBSSL).
  Error opening shared object "libssl32.dll":
  126.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [RETRY          ] Try loading the foreign library again.
  1: [USE-VALUE      ] Use another library instead.
  2: [TRY-RECOMPILING] Recompile reload and try loading it again
  3: [RETRY          ] Retry loading component ("cl+ssl" "reload").
  4: [ACCEPT         ] Continue, treating loading component ("cl+ssl" "reload")
                       as having been successful.
  5: [ABORT          ] Give up on "drakma"
  6:                   Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(CFFI::FL-ERROR "Unable to load foreign library (~A).~%  ~A")[:EXTERNAL]
0]
=====

I'm quite new to Lisp, but very happy to help in any way necessary
(running debug builds, etc.) with tracking this down.

Yours,
Duncan Bayne