[drakma-devel] drakma:get-cookies fails to parse cookies with commas in values

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Sep 30 09:09:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Andrei Stebakov <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the web sites started to give me cookies with commas and
> drakma:get-cookies just crashes on those requests.
> I distilled my case into a small example like this:
> (drakma::get-cookies
>   '((:CONTENT-TYPE . "text/html; charset=utf-8")
>     (:LOCATION . "http://www.test")
>     (:SERVER . "Microsoft-IIS/7.0")
>     (:CONTENT-LENGTH . "46")
>     (:DATE . "Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:58:04 GMT") (:CONNECTION . "close")
>     (:SET-COOKIE
>      . "domain=test.com; expires=Thu, 12-Sep-2109 14:58:04 GMT;
> session=6,Direct,placeholder,test.com;")
>     (:CACHE-CONTROL . "private"))
>   (puri:parse-uri "http://www.test.com"))
>
> It'll throw an exception trying to parse
> "session=6,Direct,placeholder,test.com" pair and will complain about the
> commas.
> I tried to capture the same page with FF Live Http Headers and it has no
> problems with that.
> Do you think we could change drakma to be able to digest it as well?

Sorry for the late reply.

I was going to write that IIS sends a wrong header according to the
RFCs, but after re-reading them I now think that one might interpret
them in a different way and that Drakma's general handling of commas
has to be reworked to accommodate this interpretation.

Stay tuned, I'll think about how this can best be achieved.

Edi.