[drakma-devel] drakma:get-cookies fails to parse cookies with commas in values

Andrei Stebakov lispercat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:00:24 UTC 2009

I think those are two different issues we are taking about.
In your case, yes, most likely bar=baz makes a new cookie (according to the
RFC).
In my case "session=6,Direct,placeholder,test.com;" is an obvious
attribute-value pair followed by a ";". (as per RFC: "av-pairs = av-pair
*(";" av-pair)"  )
What I am trying to say that drakma shouldn't stumble upon the comma after
"6", since the next construct is not "name=value", but only a token.
I agree, that they break a rule set by the RFC 2068, which defines a token
as
    token          = 1*<any CHAR except CTLs or tspecials>
where

So, having a comma in a token "6,Direct,placeholder,test.com" is against the
rule but in this case it's still easily identifiable as value for the
"session=6,Direct,placeholder,test.com;" av-pair so it needs to be fixed or
some api provided so this issue could be overcome.

Thank you,
Andrei