[drakma-devel] http-request returns nil

Andrei Stebakov lispercat at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:48:10 UTC 2008

I am using http-request to upload files on some web-site. The problem is
that sometimes the function returns a nil response so I just have to repeat
it again with the same parameters.
Sometimes it take up to 8 retries to make the request return a non-nil
response.
I wonder if you saw it before or how can I debug it? The function doesn't
take long to return with nil result. I mean the whole file upload can take
10 seconds, so the http-request may return nil within those 10 seconds. Is
some timeout or the connection gets broken between the hosts? There is no
exception raised as well, it just silently returns nil.

Thank you,
Andrew