[drakma-devel] Surprising jump in time when sending binary

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Tue Dec 16 16:27:35 UTC 2008

Hi!

If I send a certain amount of bytes (20344), it takes .3 seconds. But if
I send one that's just a single byte bigger than that, it takes over 5
seconds.

Aside from that unexpected jump, it otherwise looks linear with the
number of bytes sent.

I hunted down the problem, and discovered that if I slept for .1 seconds
before drakma:HTTP-REQUEST calls FINISH-OUTPUT, the problem goes away.
(Until, I suppose, I send something much bigger.)

Any ideas? Maybe this is a Lispworks problem?

(Lispworks 5.0.0, WinXP, Drakma 0.11.5)

Thanks,
Tayssir

PS: My test --