[drakma-devel] :close nil

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Aug 27 11:43:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:29:24 +0200, Nico de Jager <ndj at hivsa.com> wrote:

> Does this mean the stable version (of Drakma) located on weitz.de is
> broken with the current version of FLEXI-STREAMS?

It seems so, although you'll only see the bug under certain
circumstances.  Specifically, if a) you explicitly insist on the
stream not being closed, b) the server provides the content length of
the reply, c) the content type is text, and d) the encoding is UTF-8
or some other encoding where there length of the text can't be easily
computed from the number of the octets.

(And I wouldn't dare to say that other versions or combinations are
/not/ broken.  They'll just have bugs that nobody found yet... :)

> If so, do you perhaps know the version no. of the last stable
> version that won't break it (but also won't break Hunchentoot).

I haven't checked, sorry.  Maybe 0.14.0 and earlier.

> BTW, I am using several of your libraries in a couple of busy donor
> funded pediatric and perinatal HIV clinics in South Africa.

That's good to know, thanks.  Maybe you can send me some more details
(maybe in private email)?