[drakma-devel] Problem abouth POST HTTP request

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Tue Sep 18 12:09:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 13:55 +0200, Nicolas Lamirault wrote:
> thanks for your response.

> > I guess you server implementation isn't too picky/stable/wel--programmed
> > and blindly reads the request data anyway :-/
> >
> >> i would like to make the same request using Drakma :
> >>
> >> CL-USER> (drakma:http-request "http://localhost:8888/test"
> >>                               :method :post
> >>                               :form-data t
> >>                               :external-format-out :UTF-8
> >>                               :parameters '(("author" . "nicolas")))
> >
> > But this will send the request data formated as multipart/form-data and
> > of course the toy-parser will hickup un that. What do you expect?
>
> i would like a http code 200 and a result like this :

;-) Programming by wish  - I wish that would work.
Your server seems to expect the request data in json format. That means
you can't use drakma's :parameters keyword. You want to use :content
(http://weitz.de/drakma/#content) and provide the content in json format
(you could use http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-json/ if you are too
lazzy to reinvent the wheel).

 HTH RalfD