[drakma-devel] New releases 0.10.3 (Drakma) and 0.4.1 (Chunga) (Was: utf-8 question)

Ross Jekel ross at sourcelabs.com
Thu Oct 11 16:29:55 UTC 2007

I didn't notice any need for this in FLEXI-STREAMS. Using grep it looks like the only place it interns is in the asd file:

(funcall (intern (symbol-name :run-tests)
                   (find-package :flexi-streams-test)))

And this method of interning a symbol-name is portable in all casemodes as long as the cases of the typed in :run-tests and function definition name match.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks so much for creating this library. AServe's client does not use streams, which is annoying, and doesn't current support chunking with https requests (not a blocker because I could revert to http/1.0, but...). In a shop that is mostly Java programmers, you saved me from having to apologize for some embarrassingly silly work-arounds using the other library. I just recently replaced do-http-request from Aserve with http-request from Drakma in soap calls and it works great.

Thank you!
Ross