[drakma-devel] New release 0.6.1 (was: [Bug Report] split-string behaves different in Lispworks and SBCL.)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Mar 8 19:37:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:13:09 +0900, "Jianshi Huang" <jianshi.huang at gmail.com> wrote:

> I updated drakma to 0.6.0 but found the cookie could not be parsed
> correctly in SBCL. So I traced down into the source code and found
> it's the problem of function split-string. But in Lispworks
> Personal, it works well. As the function split-string is a big
> extended loop macro. So I think it might be a bug in SBCL's loop
> facility. I also tested in Allegro CL and found it behaves the same
> as SBCL.  So which is correct?

OK, with the help of comp.lang.lisp[1] I've convinced myself that
SPLIT-STRING relied on unspecified (or too vaguely specified)
behaviour.  I've now released a new version which hopefully only uses
documented LOOP features.  Please test.

Thanks for the report,
Edi.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_frm/thread/e4bf7cc93bb3c50a/fc5c10fed5382464#fc5c10fed5382464