[drakma-devel] Two problems with cookies expiry dates format

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Jun 20 02:57:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:56:26 +0200, Didier Verna <didier at lrde.epita.fr> wrote:

> I've run into 2 formats that parse-cookie-date can't currently
> handle:
>
> - the first one looks like this: "Sun, 18 Jun 2006 04:01:09
>   GMT-07:00" I presume it means GMT minus 7 hours.
>
> - the second one is almost one of the recognized formats, except
>   that it says PDT (Pacific Daylight Time AFAIK) instead of GMT.

Thanks for the report.  I'll take care of this once I'm back home from
Boston.

> Note that I have no idea if these formats are standard or not. I
> just ran into them...

I think that, sadly, there's no real standard for this as I've seen so
many different formats used already.  My impression is that you have
to wait until you catch some new format in the wild and then try to
integrate it.