[drakma-devel] Re: Portability of Drakma

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Feb 25 20:16:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:38:02 +0100, "Erik Huelsmann" <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:

>>   - The code should have been tested successfully on at least the
>>     Lisp/OS combinations that are currently supported by Drakma.
>
> Is there a list somewhere as a reference to what I'm getting into?

No, unfortunately not.  I myself use mostly LispWorks (Windows and
Linux/x86) and SBCL (Linux/x86).  (LispWorks shouldn't be a problem
anyway as it's not affected by the switch.)

I think that at least LispWorks, SBCL, AllegroCL, CMUCL, CLISP, and
OpenMCL should be supported, everything else being a bonus.  Operating
systems: Windows (where applicable), Linux, OS X.

If you don't want to test all of this for yourself, how about offering
a tarball of Drakma which uses usocket for download?  Send an
announcement to this mailing list including an overview of what you've
tested and what not.  We can ask "interested parties" to try it out
and we'll switch to the new version in four weeks, say, unless someone
objects.  Does that sound OK?

Cheers,
Edi.