[drakma-devel] Bug handling bad html?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Feb 24 20:47:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:07:25 -0800, Jeffrey Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> wrote:

> I was playing with drakma and had it drop into the debugger when
> retrieving a commercial page. It looks like it might be a bug in
> flexi-streams, but I don't know how to isolate the input more
> specifically than what came up here:
>
> Unexpected value #xA0 at start of UTF-8 sequence.

My guess is that the website sends wrong content-type headers.  (Or,
in other words, it claims to send UTF-8 but it doesn't.)  This is not
unusual.  See the mailing list archive of the last weeks for similar
problems and for workarounds.

If you still think this is a bug in FLEXI-STREAMS, send a simple,
reproducible test case and point out where in the sequence of
characters FLEXI-STREAMS thinks it's not UTF-8 anymore although it is.

Thanks,
Edi.