[drakma-devel] Closing streams with :want-stream t

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Feb 3 15:37:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:09:48 +0100, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> I'll re-word this in the documentation to make it more clear
> (hopefully).

Although, after reading it once more, I think the documentation was
already pretty clear:

  HTTP-REQUEST will always close the stream to the server before it
  returns unless WANT-STREAM is true or if the headers exchanged
  between Drakma and the server determine that the connection will be
  kept alive - for example if both client and server used the HTTP 1.1
  protocol and no explicit "Connection: close" header was sent. In
  these cases /you/ will have to close the stream manually.

  [...]

  If WANT-STREAM is true, the message body is not read and instead the
  (open) socket stream is returned as the first return value. If the
  sixth value of HTTP-REQUEST is true, the stream should be closed
  (and not be re-used) after the body has been read.

Anyway, I'll try to be even more precise... :)