[drakma-devel] Closing streams with :want-stream t

Anton Vodonosov vodonosov at mail.ru
Sat Feb 3 13:33:28 UTC 2007

Hi, Dean.

I've tried your code, but I can't reproduce
socket handle leak. I'm on Windows + Clisp.

I've made several calls to
(SIMPLE-GET "http://microsoft.com")
and (SIMPLE-GET "http://google.com"); and
watching sockets using netstat. All sockets
are closed properly.

What URLs lead to socket handle leak?

May it be that URLs you use point to servers
that use http 1.1 but don't return close http
header properly?

As far as I understand, MUST-CLOSE? = NIL
means that stream may be reused in further
calls of HTTP-REQUEST for the same server.
If so and your are not intended to resuse
stream in further calls, you can always CLOSE
it.

Try to always CLOSE returned streams, without
regard to MUST-CLOSE?.

Regards,
-Anton