[drakma-devel] Lenient read-line*

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Apr 26 14:24:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:16:18 +0100, Sean <rosssd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've attached a small patch which makes chunga:read-line* a little
> more lenient with regards to line endings.
>
> Currently (drakma:http-request "http://news.ycombinator.com") fails
> with an EOF since the arc server doesn't respond with CRLF but only
> uses plain LF.

So much for Arc...

> The attached patch works around this by assuming that when a
> LineFeed is encountered it also designates the end of a line,
> although it is quite possibly the wrong thing.

Thanks, but I wouldn't want to accept that in this form.  I think this
liberal behaviour should be controlled by a user-visible variable and
the default should be to stick to the RFC.

Also, when sending patches, please adhere to the coding style of the
rest of the code:

  http://weitz.de/patches.html

Thanks,
Edi.