[drakma-devel] Re: Portability of Drakma

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:13:28 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:43:30 +0200, "Erik Huelsmann" <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok. I tested on Windows too. I have LispWorks and ACL 6.2 on
> > Windows.  The latter doesn't work with start.lisp from STARTER-PACK
>
> Sure.  STARTER-PACK is only for LispWorks.
>
> For AllegroCL, you'd have to figure out a way to locate the ASDF
> systems.  FWIW, the relevant parts of my ~/.clinit.cl on Windows look
> like this:
>
>   (in-package :cl-user)
>
>   (require :asdf)
>
>   #+:asdf
>   (dolist (dir-candidate (directory "c:/home/lisp/*" :directories-are-files nil))
>     (when (excl:file-directory-p dir-candidate)
>       (let ((asd-candidate (merge-pathnames "*.asd" dir-candidate)))
>         (when (directory asd-candidate)
>           (push dir-candidate asdf:*central-registry*)))))
>
> That should slurp in all "c:/home/lisp/*/*.asd" system definitions.
>
> > That was all the testing I can do. BTW: the CL+SSL problems I
> > experienced were with the newest clisp (2.41), so it looks like
> > Drakma isn't able to run on clisp anymore (?).
>
> Hmm, maybe the CLISP users on this list should try and report to the
> CL+SSL mailing list if necessary.  I personally don't use CLISP.
>
> > If there are any more Windows/Linux implementations you want me to
> > test with, just say so!
>
> AllegroCL and LispWorks are important for me.  I guess that some
> people would eventually be interested in SBCL/Win, but I don't know
> how mature it is.  CormanLisp would be nice to have, but I'm not aware
> that there is currently anyone using Corman with Drakma.

That should be hard: Corman doesn't have octet socket streams, nor
does it have trivial-sockets support. I'm working on making Corman
support octet/binary sockets, but it has a bit of a weird subtypep
implementation (ie non-conforming) which may make it hard to use it
with flexi-streams [(progn (deftype 'octet '(unsigned-byte 8))
(subtypep 'octet '(unsigned-byte 8))) -> NIL NIL ]

> They should probably take care of testing themselves.

Ok.

> Thanks,
> Edi.

I'm not aware of a public Drakma repository. If there isn't, could you
tell me whether you applied the patch if/when you do? I can update the
Drakma item in the cl-directory then.

Thank you too, for all the libraries you provide!

bye,

Erik.