Parsing big XML files with klacks and sbcl

Mark Janssen mpc.janssen at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:23:05 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:16 PM, Paul Rodriguez
<paulmrodriguez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does your file contain namespaces? Klacks has a well-known memory leak where
> namespaces are concerned. It maintains a stack of namespaces, but never
> actually pops that stack.
>
> If that's your problem, it's a trivial fix:
>
> https://github.com/TBRSS/FXML/commit/7268adcd2cd40dcc407c1941327e8df429927342#diff-d80d17dfe72ba8faec869000f5688161

I am not using namespaces, however applying the fix anyway seems to
keep the unbounded memory use in check.
It seems that this is indeed an issue cause by the very tight loop
overwhelming the gc. As soon as I do some work in the loop the memory
use is bounded.