[cxml-devel] parsing from a http stream (no EOF at the end)

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:32:07 UTC 2011

>> could someone comment on this? was cxml ever meant to support such
>> use-case, just noone really needed it yet?
>
> What use case exactly? When and how should the parser "stop"? (keep in
> mind that the "last closing tag" does not neccessarily signal the end
> of a well-formed xml document)

i see, thanks. for some reason i assumed that an xml document may only
have one toplevel element.

the use-case is simple xml messaging over http.

what i would need is an option to tell cxml:parse to parse me one
toplevel xml element and return regardless of what else is in the
stream. what would also help is a hard limit on how much to read from
the stream to deal with DOS attacks, but i guess one can do that with
a wrapper stream also.

but i'll deal with this another way for now: just read in the string
from the http stream and feeding this to cxml. i've just thought i
write up my use-case for possibly adding some TODO entries if they
make sense.

thanks for the clarification!

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!

PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
OTR XMPP: 8647EEAC EA30FEEF E1B55146 573E52EE 21B1FF06