[cxml-devel] DTD parsing

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Tue May 4 14:51:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

Quoting Mariano Montone (marianomontone at gmail.com):
>     I write because I have a problem with DTD validation. I can not
> parse the DTD The DTD I want to use is this:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd

I believe that can't work, because the DTD in question in an SGML DTD,
not an XML DTD.

If you really need the SGML DTD, then Closure HTML has a parser for
those somewhere (in fact, its HTML parser is based on information
extracted from the DTD).

Otherwise though, I would recommend use of the XHTML DTD instead, which
describes the same content model, just for XML.

The XHTML DTD can definitely be parsed with cxml.

d.