[cxml-devel] Error 'The value NIL is not of type VECTOR.' in '(defun normalize-text-nodes! ..)' when using atdoc

Thijs Oppermann thijso+cxml at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 18:22:31 UTC 2009

As I mentioned in #lisp on irc I got the mentioned error in
cxml-stp/xpath.lisp in normalize-text-nodes! (starts at line 191) when
using atdoc with a completely fresh checkout of everything through
clbuild.
Apparently children is NIL when parsing base-uri.xml.

I got it working again (at least, no error and atdoc seems to produce
the correct docs), by changing the following in normalize-text-nodes!:

     (when (loop
              for child across children
              for a = nil then b
              for b = (typep ...

into:

     (when (and children
          (loop
              for child across children
              for a = nil then b
              for b = (typep ...
          )

Don't know if that really fixes the problem, but it got me up and
running again...

Gr,
Thijs