[cxml-devel] Problem compiling PARSE-SCHEMA on ACL

Chaitanya Gupta mail at chaitanyagupta.com
Wed Jul 30 18:23:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

When I try to call PARSE-SCHEMA in ACL, I get this error --

attempt to call the undefined function (SETF CXML-RNG::GRAMMAR-START)
with args:
#S(CXML-RNG::DEFINITION :NAME :START
                        :COMBINE-METHOD NIL
                        :HEAD-P NIL
                        :REDEFINITION NIL
                        :CHILD ...)
#S(CXML-RNG::GRAMMAR :START NIL
                     :PARENT NIL
                     :DEFINITIONS #<EQUAL hash-table with 0 entries
                                    @
                                    #x13904c62>).
   [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

This happens because GRAMMAR is defined after PARSE-SCHEMA in
parse.lisp. Same issue with the DEFN-CHILD accessor for DEFINITION.

If I move the definition of PARSE-SCHEMA to the end of the file, for
example, the issue is fixed.

Chaitanya