[cxml-devel] Patch: Support for the Scieneer CL.

Douglas Crosher dtc at scieneer.com
Sun Jun 17 06:32:48 UTC 2007

Thank you for integrating the Scieneer CL support.

David Lichteblau wrote:

> I take it that Scieneer does not have (setf s-e-f) either?  How does
> ext:make-xml-character-conversion-stream work?

The stream-external-format can not be changed reliably on the buffered
streams used for CXML because content may have already been consumed
and converted.  The runes xstream has a 'speed' setting to avoid this
problem but this is not implemented in the SCL native buffered streams.

The function 'ext:make-xml-character-conversion-stream peeks ahead multiple
bytes to parse the byte order mark and the document declaration encoding
and then returns an appropriate character stream that reads from the start
of the document.  The runes 'figure-encoding function could be expanded to
do the same, reading the document declaration to determine the encoding,
and then the xstream 'speed' change would not be necessary.

> +     #-x&y-streams-are-stream (:file "encodings")
>
> Where do you add :x&y-streams-are-stream to *features*?

Perhaps this should be the default for the SCL; patch attached.  The
runes implementation also works, just a little slower and with less
supported encodings.

Regards
Douglas Crosher