[cxml-devel] skipping the DTD decl. when `validate' is `nil'

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sat Sep 9 16:14:02 UTC 2006

Quoting Sean Champ (gimmal at gmail.com):
> Granted, I do have an XBEL DTD locally, but
>  - not everyone does
[...]
>  - I thought that I could propose that the DTD decl might be skipped (without
>    my having to modify /etc/xml/catalog first)

I am not familiar with XBEL, but reading over its DTD it does not seem
to define general entities, so in this case you could just parse with
  :entity-resolver (lambda (p s) (make-concatenated-stream))
which pretends that the external subset and all external entities are empty.

(Another answer for the FAQ list cxml doesn't have.)

David