[cxml-devel] skipping the DTD decl. when `validate' is `nil'

Sean Champ gimmal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 21:06:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've noticed that the function CXML::P/DOCUMENT calls the function
CXML::P/DOCTYPE-DECL whether or not CXML::P/DOCUMENT has received a non-nil
VALIDATE argument. I'd thought to try and make a patch about that, myself, but
I'm not sure how to address the matter.

If the input stream is not being validated, the contents of the doctype decl
should not matter, for anything -- need not be put, in any part, as an
argument to CXML::XSTREAM-OPEN-EXTID. Yet, when the parser is validating, the
text of the doctype decl. still must be 'skipped' by the parser.

Looking at CXML::P/DOCTYPE-DECL, I'm not sure how to make the parser skip the
text of the decl, or what it could possibly return when skipping it. I could
appreciate advice on the matter.

Thank you

--
Sean Champ