[cxml-devel] XMLS serialization without namespace

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Tue May 16 12:09:14 UTC 2006

Quoting R. Mattes (rm at seid-online.de):
> > (I am actually inclined to get rid of the "namespace support" in the
> > XMLS builder completely, but fixing the no-prefix case is obviously
> > necessary.)
> ??? What do you mean by "get rid"? Do you intend to drop XML namespace
> support from cxml?

Heh, no, of course not.

We are talking about the XMLS-compatible builder and serializer
(xml/xmls-compat.lisp) which creates XMLS-style list structures like
(parent (attributes...) children...).

XMLS allows the car to be a cons (name . namespace), but it is unclear
what that namespace is supposed to be.  XMLS implements it as (lname .
prefix), but documentation says it's (qname . uri).  The former is
uninteresting, the latter might be cute if attributes supported the
same, which they don't.

OTOH, this is just very trivial sample code anyway, which users can
easily copy&paste and tweak to match their requirements, so nothing to
worry much about either way.

d.