[cxml-devel] Bugs when working with document nodes

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Thu Aug 17 08:03:05 UTC 2006

Quoting Sunil Mishra (smishra at sfmishras.com):
> >> 2. create-document does not set the dtd of a document based on the
> >> supplied document type definition. This for example inhibits
> >> get-element-by-id from working.

Oh, browsing the DOM specification for ideas I just found out that cxml
does not implement the DOMImplementation interface at all.

What you are looking for is DOMImplementation.createDocument(), right?

It just happens that cxml has a function called CREATE-DOCUMENT with
utterly different and less useful behaviour for historical reasons.  Not
sure why the test suite never caught that, but we claim to implement DOM
2 now, so I will fix that.

interface DOMImplementation {
[...]
  // Introduced in DOM Level 2:
  DocumentType       createDocumentType(in DOMString qualifiedName,
                                        in DOMString publicId,
                                        in DOMString systemId)
                                        raises(DOMException);
  // Introduced in DOM Level 2:
  Document           createDocument(in DOMString namespaceURI,
                                    in DOMString qualifiedName,
                                    in DocumentType doctype)
                                        raises(DOMException);
[...]