[cxml-devel] Re: ASDF build problems on SBCL 0.9.11+

James Bielman jamesjb at jamesjb.com
Wed Apr 19 05:27:43 UTC 2006

James Bielman <jamesjb at jamesjb.com> writes:

> I've been trying to load CXML using both the released version 0.9.11
> and most recent CVS of SBCL, and receive the following error (this
> happens with both the latest CXML release available via ASDF-INSTALL
> and the CVS version):
>
> [...]
>
> debugger invoked on a TYPE-ERROR in thread
> #<THREAD "initial thread" {1002E931A1}>:
>   The value NIL is not of type REAL.

It looks like this is happening on the file components that override
the pathname, like:

(:file rune-impl :pathname "dom-impl" :depends-on ("package"))

ASDF tries to call FILE-WRITE-DATE on ".../dom-impl", which of course
doesn't exist, and bombs out in MAX.  This patch fixes this issue for
me, but I'm not sure if it's the best way.

Thanks,
James