problem with example 'dlg02'

cage cage-dev at twistfold.it
Thu Jan 26 13:32:25 UTC 2023

Hi everyone!

I stepped  into a weird  issue using  the last croatoan  commit. Seems
that the  example 'dlg02' does  not works  if the procedure  is called
from an executable generated by the compiler.

I do  not know if  this issue  arise only on  my machine though,  so i
prepared a little use case to reproduce the behaviour.

Attached you can find the code with an asdf file to compile the executable.

To build the  package just use (asdf:make "test-menu"),  the asdf file
"test-menu.asd"   must   be    in   your   source-registry   (probably
decompressing the tar in "$HOME/quicklisp/local-projects" is enough).

After compiling run the executable:
./src/test-menu

on my machine (SBCL 2.2.9.debian, X86_64) i get an error:

---------------------
#<SB-SYS:MEMORY-FAULT-ERROR {1004AB3183}>
debugger invoked on a SB-SYS:MEMORY-FAULT-ERROR in thread
#<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {1001D50003}>:
  Unhandled memory fault at #x7FFB37AE1730.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit from the current thread.

(DE.ANVI.CROATOAN:ACS :UPPER-LEFT-CORNER)
   source: (CFFI:MEM-AREF ACS-MAP-ARRAY 'DE.ANVI.NCURSES:CHTYPE
                          (CHAR-CODE (CDR (ASSOC CHAR-NAME ACS-ALIST))))
0]
--------------------------

but  if you  comment  the line  8  (':build-operation program-op')  in
test-menu.asd and then run this commands:

$ sbcl (i suggest use rlwrap)

* (asdf:make "test-menu")

...wait for compilation....

* (test-menu::main)

the example run just fine.

Can someone confirm if this happens on other machines?

Thanks in advance!
C.